INTEGRATIVE APPROACH TRAINING - 28 CE Hours
An EFT Externship exclusively for addiction treatment program
clinicians – limited to 15 clinicians
Addiction & Attachment – 5 Day Externship
October 8th - 12th, 2019
6595 N 6000 W, American Fork, UT 84003
This workshop integrates the growing body of research on attachment-based therapies, specifically E.F.T., into work with addiction intervention, treatment and recovery. These issues show up at higher frequency in our most difficult cases: the couple on the brink of divorce, the young adult in a drug treatment facility, or the adult client with complex multiple issues. The attachment lens provides a common thread to understand these difficult issues in our work. E.F.T. helps us make sense of why trauma and adverse childhood experiences are so prevalent in our couples and families we serve. We will explore ways we can show-up as therapists to best help clients, couples and families. And how integrating the attachment lens and E.F.T. treatment model in our work and programming benefits our clients and families. We will explore the commonality between addiction and relational trauma histories in treatment. In doing so, participants will learn:
1. Attachment Theory related particularly to addiction and trauma as relevant to our programs.
2. The Process of Emotionally Focused Therapy and what it adds to our toolbox.
3. Assessment and Alliance Building from an attachment-focused E.F.T. perspective.
4. Learn the Major Interventions and Key Change Events using E.F.T. for Couples and Families.
5. Approaching emotion, distress and emotional regulation in ground breaking clinical ways.
6. Understanding and addressing trauma, relational injuries and plethora of adverse childhood experiences common to treatment program populations in affirmative, healing ways.
*Registration is open to; Masters-Level Counselors, Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Case Managers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Social Workers Practicing in Addiction Treatment Setting
Facilitated by: Jim Thomas is an internationally renowned trainer and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. He is a former Board Member, AAMFT, Approved Supervisor and Clinical Fellow. Jim is Director Emeritus, Denver Family Institute, and President of the Colorado Center for E.F.T. and an I.C.E.E.F.T. Certified E.F.T. Trainer (and 31 plus years sober).
Amanda L. Thomas, MPhEd, LAMFT
Founder & Owner, Integrative Approach TX
Early Bird Registration until September 9th: $950
September 10th: $1000
Late Registration September 29th: $1250
Please contact James Rowland at Integrative Approach to discuss group rates (3 or more clinicians form a program) James@integrativeapproachtx.com
NBCC Hours 28
Addiction & Attachment - 5 Day Externship has been approved by NBCC for NBCC credit. Integrative Approach is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC No. SP-3158